Kiawe Crepes by Diane Justusson
1. Beat 2 eggs (extra points if they are from Kahumana Organic Farm )
2. Add 1/4 c Kiawe flour and mix well with fork until have a batter
3. Heat 8″ non-stick skillet on high for 1-2 minute (if desired can give a small spray of non-fat butter flavored cooking spray before heating — not for purists
4. Put 1/2 of the batter in skillet (this is about 1/4 cup batter — and you already have measuring cup right there)
5. Shake the skillet a little to spread out the batter.
6. Cook on high until see the little bubbles (I timed it at 40 seconds
7. Then flip the whole thing over and cook the other side until it prettily start to puff up in the middle and slightly curl at the edges (about 10-15 more seconds
8. Slide onto plate and eat with fruit or yogurt (Do Not put syrup on this beautiful thing! Kiawe has a natural sweetness!)
9. Now go ahead and make the other crepe! Yum!!
(Makes 2 crepes)
Mahalo nui e Diane!!
Diane Justusson. APRN. provider icon Specialty Women’s Health Education